Much cleaner than my old script! See instructions below.
The Full Process:
- Click View Raw
- Save the file
- Open your downloads folder
- Right click on the file and select properties
- Under properties check the box to make the file editable
- Open the Terminal and drag the file into there and press enter.
- If you receive an error you may have to enable the universe repository.
- First, open software center.
- Click on ‘edit
- Then ‘software sources’
- Check the box that says, “Community-maintained free and open-source software (universe).”
- If it asks you to reload you can say yes if you want but you will just reload again with the script so i usually just say close.
The following is a work in progress and will change often, pleas feel free to provide feedback or ask questions.
I needed to do a network survey the other day to see if wifi was working as expected and I decided to use my Ubuntu laptop for the purpose, I ran into this handy tool called LinSSID that allows you to do a wireless survey. The reason I am using Ubuntu 12.04 is that I feel that the LTS releases are the most stable and have the broadest install base so that is what I tend to use on my computers.
- Install LinSSID from it’s download page.
- After it is installed I found that I got an error stating that it could not see any wireless devices so I installed IW by typing the following command into the terminal
sudo apt-get install iw
- I was then able to run LinSSID by typing
in the terminal.
- (optional) If you would like to try combining steps 2.1 &3 try
sudo apt-get install iw && sudo linssid
Let me know in the comments if it works!
Blogging again lets see how long this lasts!